A Professional Service for Tenants
Our qualified letting agents will help you find and enjoy your next property in Dorset, Devon, Somerset, Wiltshire and Hampshire
Finding a property to rent
Our approachable and knowledgeable agents will guide you through the renting process, ensuring that you fully understand the obligations you are entering into to prevent any unexpected surprises.
When looking for the ideal property to rent you may want to consider the following:
- Your budget - remember to budget for utilities and council tax also.
- How long do you need to rent the property?
- When do you need to move in?
- Do you have the space you require – inside and out?
- Are you looking for furnished or unfurnished, and will your furniture fit?
- Do you have the broadband, phone reception, sockets, phone and TV points you need?
- Look at the EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) to help gauge your monthly bills
Securing a Property
The best properties tend to go quickly. Be prepared to provide the following information:
- Photo identification
- Proof of your current address (such as a utility bill).
- Deposit funds equal to five weeks rent (held by the Tenancy Deposit Scheme during the tenancy)
- Holding Deposit equal to one weeks rent (deducted from the first month’s rent)
- Be ready to sign a tenancy application form.
- If you need a guarantor, get this set up in good time.
- Referencing - criteria may include the following:
- Previous landlord
- Confirmation of earnings
- A credit check
- Your bank details
- Your current/recent employer details
- Insurance to cover your personal belongings.
Fees payable before you move in
- Holding Deposit Equal to one weeks rent (See terms and conditions).
- Security Deposit Equal to five weeks rent.
When you collect the keys at the start of the tenancy, you will also sign and receive:
- The Schedule of Condition and Inventory, prepared immediately prior to your move, and an essential document for you to check carefully to minimise the risk of any disputes at the end of the tenancy. This will also include meter readings.
- Tenancy Agreement, setting out the terms and conditions of the tenancy and the rights and obligations that you and the landlord have during the tenancy.
- Copies of Safety Certificates
You will also be provided with a Guide to Renting, and if we are the managing agent for your property, a Property information sheet with all the contacts and information you need.
Fees during your Tenancy
Early Termination Fees. If you need to surrender your tenancy early, and the landlord wishes to re-let the property to a suitable tenant. The charges are as follows (inclusive of VAT):
- £150.00 New tenancy agreement
- £150.00 New schedule of condition
- £120.00 Tenancy reference fees
- £180.00 Re-Marketing costs
Keys. In the event that any keys are lost during the tenancy you will be expected to pay reasonable costs for replacement.
Residential Lettings News
Career Spotlight - Assistant Lettings Manager Ismay Byrne
The professional training offered was a major...
Deposit Replacement Product Goes From Strength to Strength
Wiltshire Farm To Let
Knightsmead Farm is situated on the outskirts of the village and comprises an attractive 5-bedroom house and extensive outbuilding and facilities including a 12x12 herringbone...