Published: 04/06/2023 By Charlie Andrews
This is the final week in which to submit requests for approval of grant-funded investments including Concrete Yard Renewal, Roofing, Livestock and Machinery Tracks and other farm improvements and investments as part of a Countryside Stewardship (CS) Mid-Tier or Higher-Tier application.
Below, you will find a list detailing some of the most popular options for which Catchment Sensitive Farming Officer Approval (CSFO) approval is required. These requests for approval must be made at least 10 weeks before you submit your application for CS and with deadlines for submitting full applications being 18th August for CS Mid-Tier and 28th August for CS Higher-Tier, requests for approval for these options need to be submitted by the 9th June.
- RP15: Concrete yard renewal - £33.64 per square metre.
- RP4: Livestock and machinery tracks - £44.63 per metre
- RP28: Roofing for sprayer wash-down areas, manure storage, livestock gathering areas, slurry and silage stores - £72.50 per square metre.
- RP27: Sprayer or applicator load and washdown area - £35.86 per square metre.
- RP18: Above ground water storage tanks - £73.34 per cubic metre.
- RP19: First flush rainwater diverters or downpipe filters - £174.59 per unit.
Other Capital Items are also available under CS which don’t require CSFO approval, such as fencing, hedge planting, hedge laying and many more. With significant funding available, Symonds & Sampson’s Rural Grants Team can guide you through your eligibility for the grants available and undertake all stages of the application on your behalf.
For further details, contact Lucy Carnell MRICS or Charlie Andrews in our Yeovil office on 01935 423526, or contact a member of our Rural Grants team (below) in your nearest office to find out how we can help you make the most of the schemes available.