Published: 05/10/2023It seemed that the world and his wife descended on Preston Farm near Blandford on Tuesday for the dispersal sale of farm machinery and effects on behalf of The Harding Farming Partnership.
Partner and Auctioneer Greg Ridout was encouraged by the strong prices that were achieved “The Hardings had farmed the land since 1938 so it was a poignant moment when we sold the farm in September. Having been in the area for so long there was terrific local support at the sale, but buyers also came from all parts of the south whilst bidders from as far away as Ireland took advantage of the online bidding platform to push prices up. At one point, over 500 people were following the sale online, and one dealer remarked that he had never in his life seen so many people at a farm sale anywhere in the country!
"It was a great occasion and luckily rain the day before prevented some farmers from working their land so where better to come than a Symonds & Sampson farm sale!"
Partner Will Wallis who acted for the family when the farm was sold said “This was the most significant holding to be marketed this year and we attracted strong interest from all parts of the south of England and midlands. We divided the farm into nine lots because there were cottages, and various parcels of outlying land and received a significant number of bids for different permutations.
Some local buyers secured part of the farm but the main acreages were sold to a family from outside the area and we look forward to welcoming them to Dorset soon”.
- £96,000 2018 Bateman RB35 30m Self Propelled Sprayer
- £94,000 2022 Valtra T235 Unlimited
- £67,500 2011 New Holland CR9080 Combine with 35’ Varifeed Header
- £65,500 2012 Claas Lexion 750 Combine with 30’ Vario Header
- £51,500 2021 New Holland TH7.42 Elite Telehandler
- £44,000 2014 John Deere 6125R
- £39,200 2020 Case Puma 220 Multicontroller
- £37,500 2018 John Deere 6135R
- £28,400 2018 Case Farmall 115C HD
- £25,000 2019 Kuhn Metris 320S 24m Sprayer