We offer a range of letting and managing services to landlords. Our experienced letting agents are supported by a specialist team of property managers to ensure that the letting of your property runs smoothly.
Levels of Service Offered
80% of one months rent + VAT (96 % including VAT)
9% of rents collected (as collected) + VAT (10.8% inc VAT)
12.5 % of rents collected (as collected) + VAT (15% inc. VAT)
17% of rents collected (as collected) + VAT (20.4 % inc VAT)
|Lettings Market Appraisal
|Provide guidance on compliance with statutory provisions and letting consents
|Advise on refurbishment requirements (non structural)
|Comprehensive marketing and advertising including erecting a To Let board (where possible)
|Carry out viewings with applicants
|Advise on non-resident tax status and HMRC (if relevant)
|Negotiating terms of the tenancy between Landlord and Tenant
|Collect first months rent
|Register and pay the deposit to Government approved deposit scheme
|Key handover with the tenant
|Inform utility suppliers
|Demand, collect and remit the monthly rent
|Pursue non payment of rent and provide advice on rent arrears actions
|Arrange required Safety Checks
|Undertake at least two routine visits per annum and notify the outcome to the Landlord
|Instruct regular maintenance and repairs as and when needed and paying invoices from rents
|Security deposit dilapidations and negotiations
Premier Management also includes:
*This is for the supply of certification only and does not included any works required to obtain the level of safety needed for the certificates to be granted. Certificates will only be supplied by contractors approved by Symonds & Sampson.
Questions? Why not contact our lettings team in your nearest office to discuss our services or to arrange your free, no obligation market appraisal.
Additional Non-optional Fees & Charges
Start of tenancy fees for Tenant Find Service Clients
- Referencing for up to two tenants and/or Guarantor (ID checks, Right-to-Rent check, financial credit checks, obtaining references from current or previous employers / landlords and any other relevant information to assess affordability) £120 inc. VAT
- Additional Tenant and/or Guarantor Referencing Fees: £60 (inc. VAT) per tenant. As Set-up Fees above for additional tenants.
- The preparation and arranging for signature of the tenancy agreement - £108 inc. VAT
- The preparation of a Schedule of Condition for an unfurnished property with three or under bedrooms - £120 inc. VAT. If the property is partially or fully furnished or four bedrooms or more then a quote will be obtained and provided to the Landlord.
Start of tenancy fees for Rent Collection, Full Management and Premium Management Clients
Set-up Fees: £480 (inc. VAT) per tenancy.
- Referencing tenant and/or Guarantor (ID checks, Right-to-Rent check, financial credit checks, obtaining references from current or previous employers / landlords and any other relevant information to assess affordability) as well as contract negotiation (amending and agreeing terms) and arranging the signing of the tenancy agreement.
- The preparation and arranging for signature of the tenancy agreement
- The preparation of a Schedule of Condition for an unfurnished property with three or under bedrooms. If the property is partially or fully furnished or four bedrooms or more then a quote will be obtained and provided to the Landlord.
During tenancy fees
- Additional Property Visits: £90 (inc. VAT) per visit. Should the landlord request property visits in addition to those within their existing Terms of Business, this covers the costs of attending the property.
- Rent Review Fees: £60 (inc. VAT) per tenancy. Review rent in accordance with current prevailing market conditions and advise the landlord, negotiate with the tenant(s), direct tenant(s) to make payment change as appropriate, and serve a Section 13 Notice if the tenancy is on a periodic basis.
- Renewal Fees: £108 (inc. VAT) per tenancy. Contract negotiation, amending and updating terms and arranging for the signing of a further tenancy agreement.
End of tenancy fees
- Check-out Fees: £120 (inc. VAT) per tenancy. Attending the property to undertake an end of tenancy check out based on the original inventory and negotiating the repayment of the security deposit.
- Tenancy Dispute Fee: £180 (inc. VAT) per tenancy. The costs associated with the preparation of all evidence and submitting the case of the tenancy deposit scheme as well as dealing with all correspondence relating to the dispute. This only applies where the agent has protected the deposit.
- Fees for the Service of Legal Notice (Form 6a): £90 (inc. VAT) per Notice.
Other fees and charges
- Court Appearances, Insurance Claims and any further additional services (which are outside our services listed above): £144 inc. VAT per hour.
- Obtaining more than two contractor quotes: £36 (inc. VAT) per qoute. Fully Managed and Premium Managed service only.
- Empty Property Visits, £48 inc. VAT and 45p per mile after the first 5 miles from the nearest office to cover travelling expenses.
- Landlord Withdrawal Fees (before move-in): £240 (inc. VAT) per tenancy. To cover the costs associated with the marketing, advertising and tenancy set-up should the landlord withdraw from the tenancy before it has started.