Published: 14/12/2023 By Mark LewisThe Symonds & Sampson Christmas auction was a bumper one, with 33 lots in Devon, Dorset and Somerset returning the best results of the year and, according to EIG figures, the most impressive figures in the UK.
Auctioneer Mark Lewis was full of praise for the auction team “Fifteen of our offices or departments were involved in this auction, and everybody pulled together to make it a real Christmas cracker. We had bidders from Switzerland, London and throughout the West Country, and the trade was strong.”
Head of Auctions, Meredith Holmes, added “Some clients were nervous about including their lots in a sale so close to Christmas, but it is usually our best auction as bidders appear to be more relaxed. There was a real buzz in the room and on the days leading up to the auction as we had the highest number of people registered to bid and a record audience tuning in to the livestream.
“It bodes well for our 2024 auctions when we will be joining forces with Millerson in Cornwall to offer you more lots from the county.”
Notable prices include:
- Land in Dorset sold for between 51-171% above guide
- Land in Exeter Devon sold at 28% above guide (£13,000 per acre)
- Land in Somerset sold at 260% above guide
- Building plots sold at 17% above guide
- Houses and cottages for improvement sold for between 10 – 28% above guide
- Commercial property sold for between 22-28% above guide
Symonds & Sampson will be holding monthly auctions throughout 2024 and welcome entries, please contact our Auction Team below, or your nearest office for further information.