A successful Auction in Sherborne on 25th October brings the number of lots successfully sold during the Autumn to 40.
Auctioneers Symonds & Sampson’s Autumn auction season continues, with successful sales of properties for renovation, building plots and agricultural land throughout Dorset, Devon, Somerset and Wiltshire. The sale in Sherborne on 25 October was one of the strongest.
Auctioneer Mark Lewis explained “the diversity of lots was as broad as ever, drawing a large crowd of over 200 to the Digby Hall with strong bidding on all lots, particularly the land and renovation projects. Bidders were on the telephone from America, Spain and India with others making the journey from London and the Home Counties. We have a large number of cash buyers who now need to find a home for their money and we invite entries for the December sale and the early months of 2020”.
Properties for renovation:
- Jodrea in Sherborne (pictured below) is an apartment with outbuildings for either renovation, conversion or remodeling. The sale price of £275,000 was achieved after 22 bids and was 25% above the guide.
- Ryalls cottage in Marnhull (main picture) is a lovely detached house in need of updating and sold for £275,000.
- Sycamore Drive in Yeovil is a detached bungalow needing complete modernization. It had been marketed by another firm of estate agents without success but we managed to sell for 62% above guide £145,000 after we had shown 107 people around.
- Freemantle in Mere only had three weeks advertising but attracted over 40 viewings and sold for 66% above guide £166,000 after 47 bids.
- A rare single plot in Marnhull enticed buyers from as far away as the Cayman Islands and sold for 36% over guide £205,000 after 45 bids.
- 5 plots in Wimborne again had a short marketing period but bidders from London were particularly keen on this one. The sale price was £435,000.
- A shop with two flats above in Warminster with an income of £22,000 sold for £194,000 representing a 11% yield.
- A pretty paddock on the edge of Shaftesbury was a popular lot and the hammer fell after 20 bids at £47,000, 63% above guide and £21,000 p/acre.
- 2 blocks of woodland at Holnest near Sherborne (pictured above) had good road access and sold for £14.500 p/acre.
Symonds & Sampson’s next auction is on 6 December and please contact Mark Lewis 01258 474266 to discuss the suitability of this proven method of sale for your property.