This stunning Grade II Listed farmhouse has every amenity for somebody looking for a long term home in the countryside, as Rachael James explains
- Try before you buy – making the move the country could be daunting. Will you like it, will you feel cut off from family, friends, work, amenities. Renting is the obvious way to test the water. (Be warned though, move to Sticklands Farmhouse and you’ll never want to leave)
- The chance to live in the most beautiful Grade II Dorset farmhouse – without the worry of maintaining it. The house has been beautifully refurbished by the current owners, but every property needs tlc.
- Lots of space – you’ll need that for all the friends and family you’ve left behind, they’ll all want to visit. 2 of the 5 bedrooms are on the second floor, so great for the children.
- Home office in the garden (does anybody go to the office anymore?). The broadband connection is excellent, and directly connected to the garden office.
- Communications. East Morden is a very pretty Dorset village, yet has the A31, A35 and mainline station at Poole close by meaning not only can friends get to you, but you’re within a couple of hours of London.
- The village pub, The Cock and Bottle; renowned for good food, so a great one to have on the doorstep
- Poole Harbour, the Jurassic Coast, Lulworth Cove, the Purbecks – all within a short drive and offering all the water sports, walks, cycles and activities you could wish for
- The garden. It’s beautiful, lots of lawns, terraces around the house to catch the sun all day, and the real bonus? The rent includes maintenance so you can sit back and just enjoy!
- How have we got to number 9 without mentioning the house! It’s a much-loved home to the current owners. Light and well-proportioned rooms are bursting with character, it comes with a modern kitchen, elegant bathrooms and gas central heating.
- It’s a longer-term tenancy, so you can make it home.
Sticklands Farmhouse at East Morden near Wareham is available to rent at £3,200 per calendar month through Symonds & Sampson in Blandford. Contact Rachael James on 01258 474265 to find out more, or click here to start your property search or find out more about our letting and management services.