Symonds & Sampson’s property auction on 12 February was an online Livestream sale - and a great success. The lots included properties throughout Dorset and on the Wiltshire and Hampshire borders.
Auctioneer Mark Lewis was very pleased with the results “People are becoming very comfortable with this way of selling and we had a record number of telephone and proxy bids as well as numerous bidders online. Nearly 3,000 legal documents were downloaded before the sale and 350 people registered interest in the sale".
Notable results were:
- A former School House at Stalbridge that had been in the same family ownership for many years sold for £280,000 – 21% above guide.
- A cottage for the National Trust – the first time on the open market sold for £434,000 – 24% above guide.
- A cottage at Swyre near Bridport sold for £356,000 – 42% above guide (main image above).
- The Old Brewery in Sherborne sold for £330,000 -10% above guide.
- Two grade II Listed cottages in villages near Blandford sold at 10% above guide.
- A cottage in Beaminster sold for £197,000 – 10% above guide.
- A bungalow and 24 acres near Gillingham (below) sold for 35% above guide
Our next auction will be on 19 March and entries are now welcomed for the April and May Livestream auctions
Please contact Mark Lewis 01258 473766 or Meredith Holmes 01202 843191 to discuss this proven method of sale for your property.