The Government have announced this week that the deadline for applications is to be extended by one month
In an official announcement released on Monday, the Government have confirmed that in light of the disruption caused by the Coronavirus outbreak:
- Applications for BPS, claims for Countryside Stewardship (CS), Environmental Stewardship (ES) and woodland legacy revenue payments will be extended by one month to 15th June 2020
- There will be no late application penalties for applications received before this date
- Due to a high volume already received, applicants are still advised to submit claims and applications, particularly online for BPS and CS through the Rural Payments service as soon as possible
- The RPS will monitor the ongoing situation carefully and consider if further steps are needed to support farmers.
- Applications for new CS Higher Tier and Mid Tier agreements are still being accepted ahead of their respective deadlines of 1 May and 31 July 2020.
The full Government press release can be found here, and click to see previous articles on preparing submission of BPS applications and CS & ES claims.
Our specialist grant experts can assist with BPS or stewardship grant applications, please do call Will Wallis on 01305 236572 or contact the team to find out more.