Property Planning & Development
Town and country planning is now based upon a 'plan driven' system founded upon Planning Policy Guidance Notes issued regularly by Central Government, County Structure Plans and finally Local Development Plans produced at District Council level.
The Local Plan governs development that is likely to occur in your district during the next ten years. It is therefore important as a landowner (and even as a land occupier) to understand the procedure and to chart and monitor the progress of the Local Plan as it proceeds through the various stages, before it becomes the 'Adopted Local Plan'.
As a firm of regional Chartered Surveyors we monitor the Local Plans with considerable care, and we are well placed to represent your views and to make objections to the Draft Local Plan during its various stages. For any individual who owns land adjacent to a settlement it is important that every opportunity is used to promote whatever land use scheme you may have in mind to ensure that a prospect is not lost. It is not just land for residential development that needs to be considered, but land for employment uses, recreational purposes as well as a myriad of other diversification possibilities.
Symonds & Sampson LLP can assist with:
- Submitting Planning Applications
- Planning Appeals
- Applications for agricultural, forestry and other occupational dwellings
- Representations to Local Authorities regarding Development Plans
- Removal of and variation of Occupancy Conditions
- Relaxation and variation of Section 52 and Section 106 Agreements
- Design of Farm and other Buildings
- Design of and applications for Barn Conversions for residential, holiday and commercial use
- Certificates of Lawful use and Development
- Development Land
- Option Agreements and Conditional Contracts for future development
- Identifying Development Opportunities
- Negotiations with Developers
- Production of Heads of Terms for Planning Agreements
- Planning Appraisals
- Farm Diversification opportunities
- Leisure and Recreation